Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Let's Talk Books: A Homemade Version

Hi, hi, hi!  Are you feeling as panic-y and flustered as I am?  Ahh!  The Kindergarteners are coming, the Kindergartners are coming!

In fact, I was so flustered, I did this:

Good thing my friend Carissa pointed it out.  That would have been embarrassing! :)

Anyway, this is a super-short post so we can get crackin' at school.

And it doesn't have anything to do with school, but my peanut and I are enjoying it and I thought you might find it interesting for a family member or baby shower gift.

For some reason, when you have a baby, Shutterfly sends you a million coupons for free photo books.  So I found a fun way to take advantage of their offer.

Our family is all at least 2 hours away from us, but they do come to visit quite a bit.  I wanted to be sure that Logan would at least have some sort of familiarity with all of them, so I made an easy reader.  Each page looks a little something like this:

 Each page is a picture of him with the family member.  I included both sets of his grandparents, our siblings and their spouse, my nephew, and our grandparents who are still living.  He loves it right now and I think he'll enjoy it even more when he becomes verbal.
I'm excited to link up and learn about some great new teaching books at Mrs. Jump's Class.
http://mrsjumpsclass.blogspot.com/


Now, back to work!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment