Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Let's Talk Books!

It's Book Talk Tuesday again with Mrs. Jump!

http://www.mrsjumpsclass.blogspot.com/2014/07/book-talk-tuesday.html


But first, I have to show you what I made yesterday.  Last Tuesday I gave you 3 clues about it.  Did you guess?
1. It has to do with books.
2. It's very punny.
3. I'm using a TON of red paper to create it.


Its....




a.....




Read-box!


It definitely was not my original idea (I wish I were that clever!) and I definitely already blogged about it yesterday.  I just love it so much that I wanted to make sure you saw it. ;)

Now, "Let's Talk Books!"

To keep the "I'm not that creative" thing going,  I'm sharing an oldie-but-a-goodie.  I was thinking about this book last week while trying to convince a bunch of mom-friends to let me pass on my book exchange chain letter onto them.  (Seriously, no one wants to do it...do you?)  I may not have thought it through when I said yes to that one.  Oops.

Anyways, one of my friends politely declined saying that she and her kids had already participated and didn't get a single book.  It just made me so sad (even though, it's pretty likely my kid isn't getting any either!) so I decided that I'd send them one.  Shh...don't tell Leah!

But which book?  Which story should I introduce her pre-preschooler to?

Did you guess Pete the Cat?


Let's remember Pete, before he went and got all commercialized.  (Really, Eric Litwin?  I'm calling you out for that terrible Easter book!)  Pete the Cat:  I Love My White Shoes, is really such a pure story.  You can feel the rhythm of the text, the joy of the predictability, and it really just oozes coolness.  A cat who just keeps rolling with the punches despite his beloved white shoes turning red, blue, brown, and wet?  How marvelous!  Of all of the books I read aloud, this one might be the most fun to read with the class.  I just love the way they laugh, sing, and "read" along and it's one of the most checked out books in my library. 

And speaking of Pete being all commercialized, take a quick peek at my first day of school scavenger hunt for Pete

;)

-Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment